Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day Two Success & a Recipe

Day Two=Much Better Than Day One!

I successfully squeaked my way through a really great day two--though I feel like I'm eating so much now, since fruits/veggies are zero points!  I love having that freedom to eat an orange or a banana & not think about how that's a few less points I have in my budget for the day.  I also had a ton of points at the end of my day (and you're supposed to eat all your points so you make sure you're eating enough) and I treated myself to a dish of ice cream.  No guilty feelings necessary because the points were there, I measured out my ice cream, and I enjoyed every bit! 

Dinner was a new dish.  I got it from the WW website, but I modified it a bit.  It's a really versatile dish that you can eat just on its own, or you can throw it in a tortilla, eat it on a bed of lettuce, top some brown rice with it... the options are endless!  We opted to cook some brown rice & add some taco seasoning to it to make a seasoned rice, and it was pretty good... but it was a TON of food per serving! 

Southwest Chicken
1 pound chicken breasts, diced & cooked
2 small onions, thinly chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
1 cup canned corn, drained
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp taco seasoning (reduced sodium)

1.  Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a skillet & cook onions & peppers until tender.  Add beans and corn and heat through.  Set aside in a dish.
2.  In same skillet, cook your chicken breast through.  Once cooked, add the remaining olive oil, lime juice, and taco seasoning.  Stir to coat. 
3.  Add your veggie mixture back into the skillet & mix all items together, making sure veggies are heated through.
4.  Serve as-is or with rice, tortillas, lettuce, etc.  It's also good topped with low fat sour cream (for extra points) and salsa!

Makes 4 generous servings at 8 Points Plus each.  If served over a cup of brown rice, add 4 Points Plus

No comments: