Monday, November 1, 2010

Giving Thanks & A Recipe

Considering this is November, and November means Thanksgiving, I'm going to take a stab at being thankful for things all month.  A blog pal of mine that I've had for a few years started a "thankful" blog awhile back, and I really like that idea.  I'm going to join her, at least for November, in posting daily about something I'm thankful for.  (This also coincides with November being "blog posting" month, where bloggers attempt to post once daily for the month, so I'll be working towards that goal as well!)

Today (and every day) I'm thankful that I get to wake up next to this face every day.  Every day is made better because he's in my life.

* * * * *
Now, a recipe!  Nothing too original here, just a twist on a classic, Sloppy Joe's

We're trying to use up some of the food in our house that's been around for awhile & gets pushed to the back of the cabinet, and this weekend I found a can of Manwich.  I'm not a huge fan of the stuff, but Eddie loves it, so I decided we'd make sloppy joe's tonight, but a version that's a little different than just meat & sauce on a bun.

Sloppy Joe's (35 points for entire recipe)
1 pound ground beef
1 can Manwich
2 medium onions, diced
1 tbsp garlic, minced
1 c. spinach, chopped
1/2 c. chopped carrots
2 stalks celery, chopped

1. Saute all veggies in small amount of olive oil.  When all veggies are cooked & tender, remove from heat & place to the side.
2.  Brown ground beef (or turkey) and drain any excess grease.  Add veggies back to the mixture, then add the sauce & heat through.
3.  Serve in low-calorie pitas or low-calorie buns of your choice.  (I prefer pitas because they are less messy!)


Not a very difficult recipe, just a little twist on an old favorite!

1 comment:

Made To Shine said...

I love the thankful blogging idea.