Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Great week!

This past week was totally back on track. I was just completely with it and on my mark. I still indulged in some holiday goodies, but I accomodated for them. My confidence was just at an all-time high. First I had my amazing dress fitting, then the very next day I saw a classmate from high school, and he commented to me that I looked really amazing & had lost a lot of weight since he'd seen me last. It's always really nice to hear that from someone that doesn't know that you're making a conscious effort. Especially someone that I didn't ever expect to mention something like that.

So when I went to my meeting last night, I expected to do well. Some weeks you're just not sure. But this week, I knew that I worked hard... but the thing is, I didn't really care what the scale had to say. I had such a great NSV week that the lower number on the scale would just be the icing on the cake, so to speak. So imagine my delight when I stepped on the scale and was down another 5.4 pounds! Not only does that totally eliminate the gain that I had 2 weeks in a row after thanksgiving (I had gained 4.8 over 2 week's time, and last week lost 2.8 of it, still leaving me 2 pounds up overall), but it also puts me in my next weight decade, the 280s!

I feel like my new job is really helping me stay focused. Not only am I on my feet walking for about half the day, but I don't have a lot of down time to mindlessly snack. I eat in our cafeteria every day, and I've successfully stayed away from the deep-fried items that you could get in the grill line. Most days I get a lunchmeat sandwich on a croissant and whatever soup of the day is. Once in awhile I'll get a snack in the afternoons, either popcorn or lowfat frozen yogurt. Then by the time I get home, it's time to start dinner, so I don't have time to just sit around & eat needlessly. Last night, I even left food on my plate b/c I wasn't hungry anymore. That's a big task for me. Usually if something tastes good, I just keep on eating it until it's gone. But not last night!

Sometimes we all have our little hurdles to get over, and sometimes we fall a time or two when we try to get across... but man, getting over those hurdles & roadblocks sure feels great after the fact!

6 comments:

Heather said...

wow, that is a fantastic loss! I am so happy for you. Your NSV are great and should inspire you to keep on going. welcome to the 280s! Soon you will be out of those too, I know it. You are making such wonderful changes in your life and I am so happy for you. Merry christmas!

Lynn said...

I'm glad that you find the new job is helping your lifestyle, that's awesome!!

And congrats on that awesome loss....whohoo!!!

Once Upon A Dieter said...

Yes! It's gone, gone, gone and you're back on track, babe! I love good news from my online buds.

Hugs,
The Princess

Scale Junkie said...

YAY!!! Congrats for being back on track!

Twix said...

That's am AWESOME loss and a wonderful comment! Glad to hear you're on track! Way to go!
Slides ya a high five! :D

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

In the 280s?! THAT'S GREAT!

Merry Christmas!