Tuesday, February 8, 2011

30 Day Challenge--Day 1

Several bloggers that I read have been doing this 30-day picture challenge on their blogs.  I enjoy seeing/reading all of them, so I thought I'd do my best to take part.  I can't guarantee I'll post 30 days in a row, but I will complete all of them eventually, that's for sure!  It's fun to learn more about the people behind the blogs, and I've learned some stuff I never would have known if it weren't for this challenge!  Hopefully you'll learn some stuff about me too!

Here is the outline for the challenge if you're interested in participating yourself!

Day 01 - A picture of yourself with fifteen facts.


Day 02 - A picture of you and the person you have been close with for the longest.

Day 03 - A picture of the cast from your favorite show.

Day 04 - A picture of your night.

Day 05 - A picture of your favorite memory.

Day 06 - A picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day.

Day 07 - A picture of your most treasured item.

Day 08 - A picture that makes you laugh.

Day 09 - A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most.

Day 10 - A picture of the person you do the most messed up things with.

Day 11 - A picture of something you hate.

Day 12 - A picture of something you love.

Day 13 - A picture of your favorite band or artist.

Day 14 - A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without.

Day 15 - A picture of something you want to do before you die.

Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you.

Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently.

Day 18 - A picture of your biggest insecurity.

Day 19 - A picture of you when you were little.

Day 20 - A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel.

Day 21 - A picture of something you wish you could forget.

Day 22 - A picture of something you wish you were better at.

Day 23 - A picture of your favorite book.

Day 24 - A picture of something you wish you could change.

Day 25 - A picture of your day.

Day 26 - A picture of something that means a lot to you.

Day 27 - A picture of yourself and a family member.

Day 28 - A picture of something you're afraid of.

Day 29 - A picture that can always make you smile.

Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss.
*******
1.  I married my best friend on 8/22/09 at a location that I've dreamed of being married at since I was a teenager--Allerton Park in Monticello, IL
2.  I was adopted by my grandparents when I was in 2nd grade.  This makes for a lot of confusion for people because I call both my bio-mom and grandma-mom by the name of "mom".  It gets especially hilarious when I talk about when my mom (grandma-mom) gave birth to my dad (bio-dad).
3.  I was raised an only child, but I have seven half-siblings.
4.  Four of those siblings were adopted by other families when they were very young.  In the last year I've gotten to meet two of them after over 15 years.
5.  I can't straighten my arms all the way, never have been able to.  They only straighten to maybe a 45 degree angle.  No idea why, never got them checked out because it's never really inhibited my life in any way.
6.  Friends is my favorite TV show and even though it's been off the air for years, I still quote episodes or relate situations to how "this like that one time on Friends when...".  I also have all 10 seasons on DVD.
7.  I have about a zillion hobbies, but I don't take the time to actually do any of them anymore.  This is something I'd like to change.
8.  I wouldn't ever drink pop if it wasn't brought into our house.  I don't purchase it on my own and never order it at a restaurant, but if Eddie brings home a case of diet coke, I drink it.  If it wasn't there, I wouldn't think twice about it.
9.  I always wanted to have a daughter and name her Emily Rose.  Then I married a guy with the last name LaRosa.  So much for that one.
10.  My favorite color is pink.  Sometimes I buy things that I wouldn't normally want/need, just because it comes in pink.
11.  I collect Willow Tree figurines.  I don't have a huge collection, but they are filling up space on our fireplace mantle nicely.  I always wanted to collect something.
12.  We have 3 cats and a dog.  I adopted two of the cats from the humane society when I got my first apartment as an adult.  The third cat was inherited about a year later when I had a client unexpectedly die (I was a case manager for adults with developmental disabilities who lived on their own in the community but needed some support/guidance for some things).  She had a kitten & an adult cat.  The kitten was easy to find a home for, but the adult cat had vertigo & was kinda "special".  I decided to take him in & it was the best decision ever.  He's a sweet boy.  Dora is our dog, and we got her a year after we were married.  She's a little over a year and a half.  There was a time when I wanted to give her back, when she was a puppy, but I'm glad we stuck through it because she's a great dog now!
13.  I have a professional certification, but it's one that most people have never heard of.  The letters after my name are CADP (Certified Alcohol & Drug Preventionist).
14.  I have been at my job for nearly two years.  This is the longest I've stayed at a full-time job, and I still enjoy it!
15.  I took four years of Spanish in high school, but I can't speak much of it at all anymore.  If you don't use it, you lose it!

Let me know if you decide to do this challenge, or if you're already doing it, I'd love to keep up with you!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay! Glad to see you joined in!

Unknown said...

Teale I am doing this on my blog. I saw someone of Facebook, doing this. I needed a blog idea, and this was perfect. ;0

Becki said...

I enjoy reading everything you post... You have a gift for writing.