Thursday, February 10, 2011

30 Day Challenge--Day 2

Day 02 - A picture of you and the person you have been close with for the longest

As far as friends go, I've had excellent friends, and been very close to all of them at some time, but at different times in my life--not consisently from childhood til now.  I actually can't name a friend that I've been super close to for my whole life, up til now, except for my mom.

As I mentioned in my last entry, my grandparents adopted me, so this mom is actually my biological grandmother.  She's raised me since I was a baby though, and she still tells the story to this day about how she was in the room when I was born & I grabbed her little finger & melted her heart.  This picture was taken at our wedding in August 2009.  Not long after our wedding, my mom was having a lot of falls at home, so for the month of October 09, she had to be in the nursing home.  I was doubtful that she'd get to come home, but she did after a month, for about 6 more months.  On April 30, 2010 though, she had to go back to the nursing home, where she's been since.  I don't know if she'll ever get to come back home again or not, but I do know that no matter where she resides, we'll continue to be close.

3 comments:

Meg O. said...

How sweet! I didn't remember that about you. What a sweet story about your birth :)

Twix said...

You're both beautiful. :) And what a sweet bond! Thanks for sharing.

Biz said...

Such a touching story Teale - hope you are doing well - hopefully our weather will finally turn to spring, huh?!

Hugs,
Biz