Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring Cleaning

The beautiful weather is here, well, here in central IL anyway! I'm hoping that will be motivation to spend some more time outdoors and become more active. This weekend I'm hoping to get in some walks with the dog, some possible gardening, and maybe a little letterboxing. I'd also like to tidy up our house and get things in order. It's hard to focus on eating healthy & weight loss when your household is kind of chaotic. For me, when one thing goes, everything goes!

I haven't posted any recipes in awhile. We've just been having some old stand-bys, not trying anything new lately, but as soon as we do, there will be posts! I'm thinking of trying a stuffed chicken using Laughing Cow cheese & spinach. If you've never tried Laughing Cow, you definately should! It's the consistency of cream cheese, and it comes in several flavors, and one little wedge is super low in calories! I want to say less than 100 cals in a wedge! It makes a good topping for crackers, to dip veggies in, to stuff chicken breasts with, and I've even heard of some people using it as like an alfredo on pasta! But I haven't tried that one yet.

A few blogs I've been reading lately have been talking about doing the C25K program (Couch to 5K). A couple years ago, I did a couple weeks of the program, but stopped due to a foot injury. I was walking a lot back then though and feel like my level of activity was better equipped to start such a project. I know I'd "like" to start the program, but I don't know that at this point I'd be physically able. Maybe a goal of walking 3x a week to start off with would be better. We'll see.

Is anyone else finding themselves spending more time outdoors since spring is finally here? What's your favorite thing to do outside?

4 comments:

Made To Shine said...

I'm loving spring and outdoor weather. Give walking a try. I found that the more you do it, the easier it gets. It's low impact and you can start with short distances and gradually build up. Choose a walking park or path with pretty scenerey, distance and time will fly!

Twix said...

It is great weather we are having!! :D I've been getting out going for daily walks, playing basketball with the kids, and some gardening. Feels good to have some warmth and sun!

Jennifer said...

We've definitely been spending more time outside! I'm lovin it!!

Ooh that's so exciting that you're going to start a garden. Josh and I are thinking about planting some things in pots. Not sure what'll work best though. We have some research to do.

LCC = LOVE! Haven't bought that stuff in forever though! lol

Hanlie said...

I'm so glad spring has sprung in your neck of the woods! It does make such a difference in one's motivation and it's so GOOD for us to spend time outdoors. That is the thing I miss most now that I'm back at work. Thanks for popping in!