Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Up & At 'Em

So last week, I headed back to my WW meeting on Thursday.  I was definately up from the last time I was there, but that's no surprise.  I'm more or less back to where I started from when I joined WW this time around, but that's OK, I'm just going to have to stick to it for crying out loud!  LOL

They have a promotion going on right now where you can bring a buddy to a meeting for free, so next week I'm dragging my husband with me.  We both need to lose weight, and while I know he'll do it if I do it, I need him to be invested in the program with me.  So while he may not join & attend meetings like I do, I at least want him to know what it's all about and what happens when I go to my meetings.  There is also an event later this month that's an open house, kind of, where successful members in the community are going to be speaking about their journey.  I think that will be really inspirational & we're planning on going to that as well.

At the end of a WW meeting, they always celebrate those who have lost weight that week, whether it's a 5-pound increment or a milestone like 5 or 10% lost.  There was a woman there this past week who was celebrating her 50 pound accomplishment.  And I recognized her as someone that started the week after I did, back in May.  I was so proud of her, she looked so happy & more importantly, proud of herself!  And it was a reminder to me that if you stick with it, you see results, plain and simple.  And that had I not chosen to go off plan for 3 months, that could have been me celebrating a big loss.  So, I am using her as inspiration and a reminder that you can come a long way in a short time, as long as you're committed.

This week hasn't been an easy first week back on plan, considering we had dinner out Friday, a wedding Saturday, and a birthday Sunday... but I'm confident that I'll at least make some progress in the right direction when I go on Thursday! 

3 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds like you're getting back on top of things. I had to stop weight watchers a month ago because our rent doubled and we couldn't afford it; now I miss it really bad. :( But I'm getting control too. I worked out a new plan, and yesterday, day one was successful! :)

Lyn said...

I am glad you've found something that is motivating! I look forward to hearing how it goes for you. You can do it :)

Biz said...

Glad you are back!! In life there will always be weddings, birthdays and eating out, its how you handle those situations that make all the difference.

I lost 1.2 pounds this week, and I had pot roast, a bacon cheeseburger and pizza! But I also exercised 45-60 minutes each day too :D

Hugs!