Thursday, May 13, 2010

A loss and a hurdle.

The good news: I saw a loss this week at WW. For my first week on the program, I honestly expected more (because in the past when I've done WW I've dropped more my first week), but a loss is a loss, and I'm trying not to hope for more. So, my loss was 2 pounds even. Two less pounds my knees have to carry around!

The bad news: I was informed tonight at my WW meeting, week TWO, mind you, that they are closing down the meeting due to low attendance. This is the only meeting held in my town, and the nearest other meeting is about 35 minutes away from home. I was devastated. It took me so much courage to actually start and take the first step, and now it's being pulled out from under me. I realize this isn't the end of the world, and that as part of my plan I made a committement to locate another meeting if I was unable to go to my own. I just didn't realize it would be permanently, nor did I realize it would be so soon! I could really use some encouraging words about this, cuz I'm feeling really upset about it. Probably moreso than I should be... I mean, I actually shed a few tears over it! I'm just bummed that I found a small, intimate meeting, and now I feel like I'm being abandoned.

7 comments:

Erin @Days to Remember said...

Aww that's a major bummer, Teale. Maybe this is sort of a sign that's challenging you...like nature's way of saying, "If you REALLY want this, then you'll make the longer drive to get it."

Erin @Days to Remember said...

And also, congratulations on your loss! Two pounds is still a success! That's a very healthy amount to lose in a week.

Anini said...

Your doing great :) Don't let this hold you back! Your meals look great by the way.

Trisaratops said...

Your loss is something to be proud of! Don't short change yourself. It is frustrating to feel like one of your tools has been taken away, but I agree with Erin - the universe is just pushing you a little. Are you afraid that you won't go to the far away meeting and then won't succeed? Try it for a little while, and then maybe join the online program if it is too taxing. Don't lose hope! You can do it!

Laura said...

Congrats on the 2 pounds! After getting up the courage to go to a meeting, and then have them close it, I can understand your frustration, but you did get the courage once, and you can do it again. And like the other poster said, you can always do the on-line program. I hope you find what works for you!

Teale said...

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies! As far as the online program goes, it is a nice add-on resource for me, as it's included in my monthly pass fee, but I've found that doing it online exclusively is NOT for me! I need the support from meetings, so I'll just have to go a little farther to get it is all!

Made To Shine said...

A loss is a loss, as you said it's two pounds less you have to carry around. How many people were at the meeting? Would it be possible to get together and meet elsewhere? Even if it wasn't the exact same as a WW meeting it would force some accountability?