Thursday, November 29, 2007

Time to get back on track.

Well folks, I've been away from the blogging world for about a week, and I've also been away from the WW plan for about that long. I wouldn't use the phrase "fell off the wagon", because I was still conscious about my decisions, I just didn't always have the opportunity to make good ones. I will admit that in focusing so much on my Thanksgiving plan, I completely failed to think about my "5 days away from home" plan. That's 5 days of meals out, 5 days of no exercise, etc.

I started out strong. We left Tuesday night & got Sonic on the road. I got a grilled chicken sandwich & a cherry slush. The slush was a splurge, but I had the points & wanted a treat. When we stopped at a gas station for snacks, I got chex mix, and the bag lasted me the whole time we were there. Wednesday, I started the day w/a granola bar, then lunch was at Waffle House. I got a lite wafffle & scrambled eggs. Dinner that night was Taco Bell & I got a spicy chicken burrito. No snacks throughout the day, I was feeling pretty good about the choices I made.... I felt I did the best I could.

Thursday.... Thanksgiving. Granola bar for breakfast, goldfish & chex mix for snacks.... dinner at 4. I think I did pretty well. I ate some turkey & some ham, corn, veggie casserole, a small bit of stuffing, a small bit of mac & cheese, and a roll. I did get 2nds of corn. I had the smallest slice of Hummingbird Cake that I was able to slice (it's a 3-layer spice cake w/pineapple & bananas in it & homemade cream cheese frosting). That slice was probably the same amount of points of my whole dinner, but it's OK. I remember eating a snack later that night, but I don't recall what it was.

Friday, things stopped being so on-plan. I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast, then we got barbeque for lunch, which wasn't so bad b/c the sauce down there isn't tomato based & sugary, it's vinegar based. I had a sandwich for lunch & another one for dinner. I also had a bit of ham as a snack. Then I had another slice of cake after dinner. No veggies, no water, yuck.

Saturday.... ugh. Iron Bowl day. (football rivalry game... big deal in Alabama!). We slept until like 1, then ate at Zaxby's... which is my favorite southern fast food.... and not healthy. I had chicken fingers & onion peels. Probably 20+ points, at least. Then there was the beer. I think I drank 10 light beers. No, I'm not normally an alcoholic. This was the first time I'd been drunk in ages. We also had hotdogs & hamburgers.... I had a burger & 2 hotdogs throughout the night. Then while drunk, I binged on Doritos. Saturday was not a good day.

Sunday I had a ham sandwich, then on the road we got Burger King. I didn't even try to eat healthy there. I got chicken fries, onion rings, and a piece of peppermint pie. I felt miserable the whole ride home b/c of all that junk. Yuck. I also had a peanut butter twix on the road.

The confessions don't end there. They should, but they don't. When I got home Monday, I should have been 100% back on track.... but, the past 3 days have also been pretty crappy. I can't even remember Monday.... I know I made spaghetti for dinner & had too much garlic bread. Tuesday was a pizza overload and a skipped WW meeting, then yesterday wasn't BAD, but wasn't good.

But the important thing at the end of all of this is that this morning, I woke up, got on the computer to find a WW meeting, and went.

Friends, please remember this.... no matter how badly you have done (if you have a bad day, a bad weekend, a bad week), nothing will make it better but getting back on track. If you don't get back on track, it will not magically get better on its own, odds are, the situation will only become worse.

So, today is day one back on track. I vow to have a completely on plan day today. I will drink my water, I will eat well. I will try to get to the gym this evening. But the most important thing is that I am here and I'm making an effort.

6 comments:

Daniele said...

You're very right Teale! Well done for getting back on track. We all have weeks like that and once you decide and commit to take back your power about your food intake and diet, you feel SO much better!
Well done.

Twix said...

I skipped my WW meeting as well, lol. I figure I already know what I weigh, the same...bleh. So why bother, lol! Mmmmm peanut butter twix! Vinegar based barbecue is great!

Congrats to getting back on track! :D

Heather said...

hey it happens to the best of us. I think what really matters and what struck me while reading is that you were still being accountable. You know everything that you eat and approx what pts it would be. You arent trying to tell yourself its not that bad or just ignore the fact that you overate. So I think that is a really important thing to keep in mind.

And I think its fabulous that you are back on track, as of course I know you would be. I know you want this too much and I know your going to do it. Just remember this and the mistakes you made and how you can avoid them next time. I screwed up over the weekend too. Its hard when we are out of our element.

Lauren said...

Great job getting back on track.

Chubby Chick said...

Congrats on getting back on track! We all fall off the wagon from time to time. The important thing is to get back on ASAP. That's easier said than done, as I can certainly attest to lately. I have SO got to get back on track!!!

We can do this. I KNOW we can!!!

ElleBee said...

Hey Teale - you did the right thing by staying accountable for all that you ate, even if it wasn't points friendly. And now you're back OP!

This is just a small bump in the road, glad you're not letting it stop you. :)