Friday, May 2, 2008

Breakfast Quiche

Today is my day off, so I was able to cook some tasty breakfast! I have a recipe on here I think for a ham & cheese "quiche". You use bisquick, egg beaters, diced ham, cheese, etc. I don't remember the quantities of each, but I wanted to try something similar using veggies. So, I improvised. I still had some bisquick, but I didn't have any egg beaters. I did have whole eggs though, so I decided to use those. It bumps up the points a little, but using veggies in the quiche doesn't take any points, so really it's not so bad. So, here is what I did!


Spinach/Onion Breakfast "Quiche"

4 servings/4 points


3 medium eggs (6 points)

1/2 c. bisquick (5 points)

1/2 c. 2% shredded cheese (4 points)

1/4 c. diced onion (0 points)

1/2 c. torn spinach (0 points)

(next time I would add some garlic, salt, and pepper, but I forgot! I just added some garlic salt & ground pepper on top & it was perfect)


I mixed the bisquick, water, and eggs until they were smooth, then added the remaining ingredients.


Pour the mixture into a VERY WELL sprayed round pie plate or casserole dish. You gotta spray it well or it will stick!


Cook in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. You'll see the edges getting a golden brown color, and if you stick a knife in the middle, it should come out pretty clean!


This is DELICIOUS! And I know from having made the ham & cheese one before, that it's even better the next day warmed up in the microwave!


Take a look at this beauty. It was almost too pretty to eat. Almost.

No comments: