Friday, October 12, 2007

Giving in to cravings

I am a firm believer that I am certainly NOT on a diet... so there aren't foods that are off limits. I believe in eating anything in moderation. That means I will indulge in certain foods when I get a craving for them. If I deny that craving, I am much more likely to binge on that food down the road.

So, tonight I was having a carb and a sugar craving... Specifically, I wanted potatoes. Well, lucky me, I had a pack of garlic & herb instant mashed potatoes. Now, I know some people hate instant potatoes... me, I LOVE THEM. And for 3 points, I got 1 1/3 cups of wonderful mashed potato goodness. I also made myself a cheese quesadilla. Then to fulfill my sugar craving, instead of having a huge ice cream sundae or something, I went to Starbucks & got a light vanilla bean frap for a low 3 points.

Another thing about tonight was that Mike was at a concert... so I was home alone... and we all know that when Teale's home alone, she gets bored.... and that can lead to boredom eating w/o a plan... but, being the prepared Weight Watcher that I am, I have a plan! So, I consulted my "things to do when I'm bored" list, and went to the book store... I spent a couple hours there, sipping my light frap, and it was great.

Now I'm heading to bed to get a good night's sleep before my big hiking trip to Starved Rock tomorrow... can't wait!

6 comments:

Chubby Chick said...

You are such an inspiration, Teale! You have TOTALLY got your head on straight when it comes to this diet/lifestyle thing!

I love reading your blog. And I truly appreciate all the kind and encouraging comments that you leave on my posts. Thank you SO much!

Hope you have a great weekend! :)

Heather said...

Great plan, and I think it sounds like you had a nice evening to yourself. Have fun at Starved Rock, its probably BEAUTIFUL there now!

Lauren said...

great job, awesome, I love the things to do when I'm bored list.

pointing the weigh said...

You are just brilliant!! You have it all sussed out and planned out.

I love your blog, if ever you password your blog then PLEASE let me know the password!!

After years of yo yo dieting and maintaining when all I want to do is get to goal you are really making me believe that I too can do this WWers thing.
Thanks hun xx

Diana Swallow said...

You Rock!! I'm in total agreement about this not being a diet. I have too far to go to spend a few years on a diet and then think I can go back to my old ways? Its just crazy to think that way. You are absolutely right to eat what you want in moderation.

Angela Power said...

Having that "list" is genius! Awesome!