Sunday, October 21, 2007

I'm kind of a big deal

Today is a good day.


My clothes bottoms range from 24-26 depending on the material. I've been in 24s for years, and it wasn't until I was about 270 that I dropped to 22s. So my 22s sit lonely in my closet, waiting for the day that I will wear them. As with any clothing, certain brands run bigger or smaller than others. I have a pair of Old Navy jeans that are 24s. They usually fit good when I first put them on, then as the day goes on, they get bigger and bigger. Then I have a pair of 22s from Target that are the same way.... fitted when I put them on, then they get looser throughout the day.

The last time I tried to put on my Target jeans, I could hardly get them over my hips... I managed, but they were probably an inch and a half away from being able to button. And even if I'd been able to button them, I would have had the muffin top of the century.

Well, today I put on my Old Navy 24s, and they were just too big for me to wear to the cookout we're going to this afternoon... I was worried I'd move the wrong way & they'd fall down! Granted, I wore them all day yesterday, so they had loosened a bit.... but I thought what the hell, I'll give the Target 22s a try, just to see how far I've got to go

And I got them on.

I am sitting here typing in freaking 22's!

They are fitted on me, but Mike will love it b/c he loves tight jeans on my ass. LOL And, throughout the day I know they'll have a little more give. I honestly thought it would be like another 30 pounds before I could wear these things.

And now, picture documentation of the jean experience:

These are my Old Navy 24s

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
And now, my Target 22s (excuse the stupid expression)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

6 comments:

Diana Swallow said...

Woooohoooooo!!! I can't wait to fit into 26/28's and believe me I'll post all about when I get there!!! Love the pictures, you've come such a long way!!

Twix said...

SWEET!!! SUCCESS!!! YAY!!!

You can't tell I'm excited for you? Can you?! :D

Lauren said...

awesome, congratulations!!!

pointing the weigh said...

Oh WELL DONE!! That is FAB!!

Hugs x

Angela Power said...

BYE BYE 24'ssssss!

Yay You!!!!!

Heather said...

I am so happy for you! You are looking so fantastic!