Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Keep on Keepin' on.

I started Dr. Phil's book last night, and as cheesy as it sounds, I really feel like it's speaking to me all ready. This morning, I thought to myself "Ugh, I have to go for a walk". My heart just wasn't feeling happy about taking a walk.... but then I reframed and though "no, I don't HAVE to go for a walk, but becoming healthy is in MY hands alone.... so if I don't go for this walk, I'm not helping myself at all"

And I went for my walk.

So even if the scale doesn't move tonight, or if I gained, it's OK, because I'm on my way... I'm making progress off the scale, mentally.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Hi Teale!!!

Thanks for visiting my blog.. good luck on your journey... your meals look AMAZING!!!!

Leslie

Chubby Chick said...

What a great, positive attitude! Yay for you! :)

Heather said...

That is great that you are already changing your thinking. Becoming aware of how you think and react will help you a lot during this journy.

Angela Power said...

A lot of people criticize Dr. Phil and discount him altogether. Maybe it's grated in some parts, but honestly I took away alot of good advice from his book. I didn't adopt his weight loss plan for longer than a few months, but I do really like his no-nonsense accountability attitude and that is essential in getting yourself out of ruts where you might be pointing the blame or cause elsewhere. This is more about just the physical aspect of losing weight and we have to re-train our entire way of thinking and that is something that he attempts to do and that's not something I get from WW.

Anonymous said...

I try not to shove Dr. Phil's book down people's throats because I know that he isn't every person's cup of tea but I TOTALLY 100% understand where it makes you feel cheesy to say such things but yet you totally know that the man is describing you to a "t". I was blown away by how common the things I used to do and say to myself were. The book is an awesome read no matter how cheesy it may make you feel at the time.