Tuesday, October 9, 2007

State of Mind

Here I sit, watching the Biggest Loser, and I'm so impressed w/the black team. They are the "rejects". They were the ones noone wanted. They were the weak ones.

And do you know WHY their team is kicking so much ass?

Because they have something to prove.

Everyone has their own reason for losing weight, everyone has their own personal motivation... but collectively, as a team, they want to show what they're made of to prove everyone else wrong.

I think it's a great attitude to have. I absolutely am not saying you should lose weight for other people, you have to do it for yourself, or it won't stay off... but I'm saying that proving yourself to others can be a real motivating factor. The people that used to pick you last in gym, the salespeople that snub their noses at you when you come into their store, the waiters that seem to be judging you for being overweight & eating a meal out....

You can prove to them, but most importantly yourself just how strong you are.

1 comment:

Heather said...

haha that is so true, with the show and in life. I am rooting for them too.