Saturday, September 15, 2007

AMAZING 2 point burgers!!!

I found a recipe the other day for stuffed burgers, and let me tell you, they were wonderful. These things taste like they should be more points because they're so flavorful & delicious.... but only 2 points per patty! I ate 2 of them & added some goat cheese on top & just ate them by themselves w/o a bun.... 5 points for all of this deliciousness:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Stuffed Burgers
11 patties/2 points each

1/4 c. egg beaters
1 c. water
1 (6 oz) box Stove Top stuffing (I used Savory Herb)
1/2 tsp. minced garlic (from jar)
2 green onions, slice thin
1 pound lean ground beef

1. In medium bowl, combine egg substitute & water. Stir in stuffing & let sit for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the garlic, onions, and ground beef. Mix well w/hands to combine.
3. Divide into 11 balls.
4. Place 4-5 balls in skillet w/cooking spray, then flatten w/spatula. Cook over medium heat on each side until meat is no longer pink inside.

I cooked 6 of these, then put the 5 other raw balls into individual freezer bags & smashed into a patty. I'll freeze them until I want more stuffed burgers!

No comments: