Hot Crab Dip
20 (3 tbsp) servings/2 points each (maybe only 1.5... it was right on the line, but better safe than sorry!)
1 c. FF cottage cheese
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 1/2 tsp worcestershire
1 tsp hot sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
8 oz (1/3 less fat) cream cheese
2 tbsp chopped green onion
1 pound lump crab meat
2 tbsp parmesan
1/4 c. bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Combine 1st 8 ingredients in food processor until smooth.
3. Combine that mixture, cream cheese, and onion in a large bowl. Gently fold in crab.
4. Place in an 11x7 baking dish coated w/cooking spray & bake for 30 minutes.
5. Sprinkle w/parmesan & breadcrumbs & bake 15 more minutes.
Serve with melba toast or pita chips!
Spicy Shrimp Cakes
10 cakes/2 points each
1 pound medium shrimp
1 c. finely chopped red pepper
1 clove minced garlic
1/4 c. thinly sliced green onions
3 tbsp. reduced fat mayo
1 1/2 tsp hot sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 lg. egg
1/4 c. finely chopped cilantro
3/4 c. Panko (Japenese bread crumbs)
1. Place shrimp in food processor & pulse 10 times or until finely chopped
2. Heat skillet on medium & spray w/cooking spray. Add pepper & saute 3 minutes; add garlic & saute 1 minute. Place in large bowl.
3. Add all ingredients through egg & stir well. Add cilantro & 1/4 c. Panko.
4. Divide into 10 patties & dredge in remaining Panko. Chill 1 hour.
5. Heat pan on medium-high heat & spray w/cooking spray. Add 5 cakes to pan & cook 4 minutes on each side, or until browned. Remove & cover with foil to keep warm, then cook the remaining 5 and serve!