Sunday, September 2, 2007

Crockpot Tortilla Soup (A+)

I made this last weekend and it is FABULOUS! Even my non WW friends loved it, it was full of flavor! It made a big pot full, so I froze individual freezer bags with it, so I can have soup at a moment's notice if I want!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Crockpot Tortilla Soup
1 point per cup

8 oz raw, cubed chicken breasts
2 c. frozen corn
1 onion, diced
2 tsp minced garlic
4 c. chicken broth
10 3/4 oz. diced tomatoes, pureed
10 oz Rotel tomatoes w/chiles
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp oregano
(it also called for some cayenne, but I left it out, as I don't like things too spicy. It was plenty spicy w/o it!)

Combine all ingredients in your crockpot and cook for 5-6 hours on high. Serve w/tortilla chips & cheese, if desired (adjust points per bowl for that!)

No comments: