Monday, September 3, 2007

Cookies & Cream Dessert

Another new recipe I found in a library cookbook. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds delicious. Reminds me of the dessert I used to have as a kid, "Dirt"

Cookies & Cream Dessert
20 servings/2 points each

1 (7 oz) box LF Oreos
1 (8 oz) box FF Cool Whip
1 (8 oz) box FF cream cheese
2 (1.4 oz boxes FF/SF chocolate pudding
3 1/2 c. skim milk

1. Crush cookies in a ziplock bag using rolling pin or hammer; set aside 2 tbsp.
2. Mix 1 1/2 containers Cool Whip, cream cheese, and cookie crumbs until blended.
3. Spread this mixture into a 13x9 pan
4. Mix pudding & milk until blended
5. Spread pudding over cookie mixture
6. Spread remaining Cool Whip over the pudding
7. Sprinkle the 2 tbsp cookies on top.

Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.

From Dawn Hall's "Down-home Cooking Without the Down-home Fat"

*edit* I made this today, and it's pretty good. I would reccomend using 4 cups of milk, rather than only 3 1/2. The instant pudding usually calls for 2 cups per package, and only using 3 1/2, the pudding is rather thick & it was hard to spread. I also added a couple packets of sweetener to the cool whip/cream cheese/cookie mixture b/c it wasn't sweet enough to my liking. To divide portions, I like to lightly run a pizza cutter across the top of the dessert, that way there's no question about how large a serving size is!

No comments: