Saturday, September 8, 2007

Versatile Mexican Dish

I decided to make my own Mexican recipe tonight. I thought about a casserole, but I'm always making casseroles, so I thought a dip might be nice! I came up w/the following recipe, which acts great as a dip, or just a main dish by itself (either plain, or wrapped up in a tortilla!)

Mexican Dip
6 large servings/3 points each

1 can 99% ff white chicken
1 can black beans, drained
1 small can corn, drained
1 can chiles
1 can ff cream of chicken soup
1 packet taco seasoning
1/2 cup of salsa (optional)
Cumin & Chili Powder to taste (optional)

I basically just added all of this to a large skillet & cooked until it simmered & was hot. I ate it tonight w/some baked tortilla scoops, it was delicious! If you were having this just as a snack, you wouldn't probably want as generous a serving as I gave myself. I was eating this for dinner, and the serving was very filling (and full of fiber!). This would also be good w/some lowfat mexican cheese or a dollop of sour cream on top, you'd just have to adjust your points values!

No comments: